Friday, July 06, 2007

I have always disliked sales people.

I would never-ever-no-matter-what-in-my-whole-life date a sales man.
It has just always been a rule of mine.

(but i think i might be turning into one!)

Check it out, so this granite & marble gig (job I have been at since April) is starting to work out ok. Our boss has left for China and I have a little less supervision (micro management). I have made some sales today!! We do marble, granite, travertine, etc. counters. I actually had a pretty fun day!! People came in and called and there were no other sales people here, the boss is in China and the shop workers do not speak English. So, I had to figure this all out on my own and I rocked!!!
And on Fridays I wear jeans to work and it is so sexy to go out in the warehouse and get all dirty!

When other sales staff/employees are here, they butt into my business (work). So I back off and let them take over. But often times the customer will still stand by me, look at me and talk to me because I think they know that I click well with people! I listen to what they say and ask appropriate questions regarding what they want and need. When I started this job, even though I am a receptionist/administrative assistant, the boss told me if I sell marble/granite I will make the commission money. I liked that idea because that means more money for me! (Sidebar: I got a $1 per hour raise on my second day because he liked me so much!). See, people just pay me because I am nice. I have been screening new applicants for an accounting position here, and the ones I like best are n.i.c.e. they all have similar skills but the nice ones are really much more enjoyable to be around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment