Monday, June 06, 2005

I will fight poverty with my bloody hands!! After all, tomorrow is another day!

After weeks of agonizing on whether I should move to low income housing or struggle on as I have been: We are not moving.
I will not let the stystem keep me poor, uneducated and un-challenged. I have never been one to just settle for anything. Ever. Who needs stability?!
I cannotlet myself limit my income in order to be eligable for low income housing after fighting and working so hard to break through these, and other, limits as a woman! My fucking ex-husband had all the years to improve his income because all he had to do was work. I did everything else, and worked. He could improve his skills and add to his experience, thereby increasing his income. I have not had that luxury. I have slowly worked in that general direction all the while with the extra expense and stress of four children. He has been able to pay for a sleezy rich lawyer to keep him out of court, tie up paperwork and various other evil tactics in order to not pay child support!! He has spent over $50,000 to his lawyer. Not to his children. Fucker. But we are better off without him I say!!
So to summarize, the five of us are staying in this crummy two bedroom apartment, I am still looking for work, school is almost out and the kids will take care of themselves this summer so I do not have to pay daycare. Actually I lost my daycare last week. I am $800 behind and they said I can't bring the kids back until it is paid in full. Ok. Whatever. I have been through all this before. This is the easy part. Wed June 8, day after tomorrow, is my son's birthday. Had he have lived, he would turn 17 years old...
Everything else really is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment