Thursday, June 16, 2005

I like to be ignored, rejected. It's a step up from being beaten.

Ok, so I am on my pity pot. It has been a long, long time since I was beaten. The last time I told him I was not afraid of him any more. I was nearly killed, as was the unborn child inside me. He had already killed my 15 month old son. Thank God the police was just a turn away as the shots were being fired...

I googled the word "ignore" since that is how I feel so often...
In the time honored tradition of email, just ignore the question. John Dobbin

We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee. Marian Wright Edelman

We really have to understand the person we want to love. If our love is only a will to possess, it is not love. If we only think of ourselves, if we know only our own needs and ignore the needs of the other person, we cannot love. Thich Nhat Hanh

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you. William A. Ward

We want the facts to fit the preconceptions. When they don't it is easier to ignore the facts than to change the preconceptions. Jessamyn West

The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved. Russell Lynes

All living souls welcome whatever they are ready to cope with; all else they ignore, or pronounce to be monstrous and wrong, or deny to be possible. George Santayana

The very essence of literature is the war between emotion and intellect, between life and death. When literature becomes too intellectual - when it begins to ignore the passions, the emotions - it becomes sterile, silly, and actually without substance. Isaac Bashevis Singer

No comments:

Post a Comment