Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Confidence is Everything!

My little six year old daughter, Brandy, was cursed with her mothers slightly large and protruding ears. My head, thank God, finallly grew into them. Brandy and I have discussed how awesome and special her ears are. I think her teacher in kindergarten has also had this discussion with her. She truly believes God made her special. This is how I know:
The other night we were snuggling at bedtime and talking. Brandy says, "Mom, people have been saying really nice things about my ears." I reply, "Really? Like who? What did they say?" At this point I was worried, because they are big and they do stick out and people especially kids can be cruel. Brandy says, "Travis (he is the teenage boy that lives next door) said to me that I could fly anywhere with ears like that!" And my daughter was truly happy!! She took it as a compliment from a teenager that was actually picking on her. She giggled and grinned from ear to ear (no pun intended). I think this is one of the most awesome stories I ever heard! Maybe I am doing something right as a mother.

1 comment: