Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Barbie: A poem

My hair is frizzy
my face is fat
why does she
look like that?


This lady just walked in here and she is perfect. She obviously paid a lot for it. I am looking at her biceps - those take work- and she looks me in the eye and I smile and nod. WEll I know my fat face looks just awful, I have round cheeks anyway, so when I smile my eyes crinkle up nearly closed and my cheeks just get rounder. (I am totally comparing myself to her and losing big time). I try so hard to look professional! But I have this naturally curly hair and a "cute" style of face. Her hair is in a nice smooth ear length bob. I have a few suits but a lot of flowery skirts and pretty tops. My shoes are plain, I wanted to be comforatable. But I see these ladies with the new style of tiny narrow heel and very long pointed toes. They looked stupid in the store, but I see them at work and it kills me that mine are so dorky.

I am thinking she is just shallow, I am truly beautiful, in my own special way. Even my mom says I look pretty with make up on. She starts that sentence with the words, "Now I don't want you to get a big head, honey, but you look..." Thanks for the low self esteem mom.

I study this womans face some more. She is not a natural beauty, no more or less than me, but she has spent so much time and money on clothes, surgery, tanning, etc. that at first glance she does appear like a Barbie...

No comments:

Post a Comment