Thursday, April 28, 2005

103 things about me!

1. I took dance lessons (tap, ballet & jazz) for 14 years
2. I went to University of Oregon for two ½ terms
3. I was in community theater and was in the play “Guys and Dolls”
4. I lived in Seattle for one year and worked in a bank downtown
5. I have one younger brother
6. I went to school K-12 with the same 45 kids
7. I really miss Dave Bannon, my first true love, and still look for him
8. I have four children
9. I gave birth to five
10. If I could be anything I wanted I would be a dancer
11. I was a battered woman
12. Every crime imaginable has been committed against me
13. My son was murdered when he was 15 months old
14. Six months later, I gave birth to the murderers child
15. I have been burned with cigarettes
16. I love the color blue
17. I love coats, purses and shoes
18. I prefer being a single parent to being a married parent
19. I prefer being poor than paying the price (my mind, body and soul) of financial security
20. I am left handed
21. I am teaching myself to play the guitar right handed
22. I am not artistic and really really admire people that are!
23. I took a calligraphy class
24. I would live on a farm in the middle of nowhere if I could
25. I love to grow my own vegetables, herbs and flowers
26. I lived in Central Oregon for two years
27. I would like to move back, or anywhere the sun shone year round
28. I lived 33 years in Warrenton and Astoria, (OR)
29. I owned ran a log truck company
30. I write a lot – journalizing, poetry
31. I do not know how to relax or play very well
32. I hate wearing clothes
33. I love thigh high stockings
34. I swore I would never live in Portland
35. Did I mention I have twins?
36. I do not speak to my father, he is the meanest person I ever met
37. My mom is the most wonderful person I know
38. I have been married and divorced twice
39. I do not read the paper or watch the news
40. I love reading books, especially true crime stories or history
41. I worry that people wont like me
42. I find comfort in hiding from the world; staying inside, reading.
43. My biggest pet peeve is hair in the bathtub drain
44. I think I have blocked out a lot of my childhood
45. I don’t think my dad talked much but he glared a lot
46. While they were alive, all my grandparents were alcoholics
47. I worry my kids lives will be as bad as mine
48. I sucked my thumb till I was 13
49. In order to avoid pain, I rarely connect with anyone on much more than a superficial level
50. I spent most of my life waiting for my mom to show up
51. I expect too much from myself and other people
52. There are only two good kinds of candy: chocolate and caramel
53. I worked in Costco bakery for 4 years
54. I still own the first 45 record I bought and have all my albums and have a record player to listen to them
55. I had an abortion after a date rape in college; he was on the wrestling team
56. I love going to live music concerts
57. I go to church (most) every Sunday
58. I always wanted to be a prom/homecoming princess
59. I was a cheerleader
60. I love all kinds of music from jazz and country to big band and rock n’ roll
61. I believe in reincarnation – in my last life I was a man, in this life I am paying for it as a woman!
62. I love being a mom, I look forward to them growing up and moving out, I am afraid I will be very lonely…
63. The rest of my life scares me
64. I lost my virginity in the nicest Z28 in Clatsop County (OR)
65. I love to cook
66. I dated a professional Elvis look-a-like!
67. I have had a miscarriage, two possibly. I think I was pregnant with twins twice.
68. Every time I hear music I am choreographing a dance to it in my mind
69. I am way under paid
70. I love history and would love to travel in this country and others
71. I hope I am a musician in my next life
72. I am a recycling fanatic, it is a family event at our house
73. I totally hate sensationalism and consumerism
74. I try to teach my children the difference between need and want
75. I try natural medicine first and believe doctors do not really know anything about healing
76. I have a zebra finch named Uncle Kracker
77. I like it that my children think I am the best mom in the world!
78. I take antidepressants
79. I have not tried many drugs, only pot about 6 times
80. I sing like a toad with a frog in its throat! But that doesn’t stop me. Much to my children’s dismay.
81. Crowds freak me out
82. I am sort of claustrophobic and always need a window open
83. My favorite band is Boston
84. My favorite song is Bridge Over Troubled Water
85. I miss my big house- I really miss my washer & dryer!
86. I miss my diamond jewelry
87. I have been robbed 4 times since I moved to Portland
88. I grew up in a town of 1100 people, in a house that was built by my grandma with scrap wood during WW II, that my dad lived in as a child, too; it was on 7 acres on lake, ½ mile from the beach and looked exactly like a barn.
89. We never locked our cars or doors
90. All my neighbors in this complex are drug addicts
91. I hate living here
92. I always wake up in the middle of the night and have not slept through for about 15 yrs
93. I enjoy the world when it is dark and everyone is asleep but I get really tired!
94. I had heart surgery two years ago
95. my heart is starting to give me trouble again
96. today is the happiest I have been in a long time, I feel like my prayers are being answered
97. I really have not enjoyed holidays since my son was killed, it is hard to find the true joy I once had even with my other children when one of them is missing
98. I miss the energy of youth, but that is about all! I would much rather be wiser and happier
99. I am a hopeless romantic!
100. today is the worst day of my life, three kids with the flu…and no washer & dryer
101. I always wanted to be short like girls in my class, but now I love being tall and love to wear high heels.
102. My medicine makes me gain weight, up till 2 yrs ago, I was really skinny…I do not mind too much expect that the weight makes me look older.

1 comment:

  1. thanks. Now I have you and geeekgirl. And that's all I need. And this paddle ball...And that's all I need. Oh, and this lamp...and that's all I need.
    You probably missed the old movie with Steve Martin called "The Jerk". Way too funny. That is a line from one of his funnier scenes.

    Thank you for writing. I have read on your blog, but it wasnt till today that geeekgirl aka Darcie told me to leave my url.

    ReplyDelete