Monday, July 25, 2005

We belong

Is it true we all just want to fit in, to belong, somewhere? It's not just me?
I had the best time visiting with my extended family this weeked. We had a reunion at my mom and step-dad's home on the coast to meet new babies and new spouses from across the nation.
I had a terrible emotional crying stress fit before we left because I just lost another job (temp position but it's still feels like failure) and they all have beautiful homes and seemingly happy marriages (I feel like a failure there, too) since I have no marriage and no home. Just me and the four kids in a tiny dingy 2 bdrm apt.
After the big cry on my mom's shoulder, I felt so much better!! I am not usually able to get any stress or worries or anything out at all and just carry the weight of my little world around all the time till I want to explode!
When I was with my family, I felt like I did belong, maybe for the first time ever.
There was a cousin I had fought with over money 15 yrs ago and half of those years since, we did not even speak-the anger was so deep. We have began healing the last 6 years-very slowly-and this weekend we walked and played on the beach together and watched our children walk and play on the beach, just as we had done together growing up as children. I have never felt such perfect peace.

1 comment: