Friday, August 12, 2005

THE BIG RACE!!




I have not had so much fun in I don't know how long! It was so exciting. I think instead of deby race it should be called demolition derby. The cars never flipped over, but the boys flew out of them, faces slid across pavement, cars crashed, they flipped off the starting ramp...the fun went on and on!! And this was 6-10 yr old boys. Some of them quit and didn't even want to race any more, but my son never gave up. His first time up he flipped off the ramp!!! There is a picture of him running into the side and what it dosnt show is him and his car hanging off the edge. I was terrified. Of what? broken bones and blood, my mom is the nurse and I am the accountant - there is a reason for that I CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF BLOOD OR ANYONE IN PAIN. Especially my children. But I held my breath and didn't move (I cant treat him like a baby in front of the guys ) and the other dads were there to pull him down and tighten his bolts and nobody freaked out (they're guys - the more ferocious the race the better, right?!) And it truly was no big deal. I had asked him in the car on the drive there, "Son, are you afraid?" He responded, "Of what Mommy?" "Nothing" I lied. So after the failed first attempt he sat down by me for a minute, had a drink of water and caught his breath. I asked if he was going back in and he said YES! ok, not quite that boldy but by the time the 7 races were over and he watched boys drop out like flys and he won 3 of seven races and ate two big plates of food he said it was a good time all in all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment