Sunday, August 07, 2005

And people in hell want ice water

All I really wanted was a peaceful life.

Tonight we ended up with a dog at our house. My daughter comes back from the park saying the owner of this dog said it would be euphanized and they did not want it. This child is a dog magnet. Ever since she was about 8 we have had a nearly constant stream of "stray" dogs show up. I overheard her say once to a friend, "I had to chase this dog two blocks!"

She carries this dog home to show me and since the kids have been working and saved $158 of the $200 to pay for the pet deposit, I thought we might be able to keep it. It was such a cute little girl about six months old, black with some white spots. The big brown eyes. It had flea bites all over it and the gums were bad. It was head shy and obviously neglected and abused. We went to talk to the landlord and they said it was a pitbull and we could not keep it. So I called the police and they did not want to come get it tonight but I told them the kids babysit themselves and I did not want the dog here when I left for work in the morning.

In the couple of hours that passed that we had the dog it already started growling and acting weird. I did not trust it. My daughter cried and cried and I told her she was doing the right thing and was saving it's life by having the police take it. That she can use the money to pick a dog she can feel safe with and pick out herself.

Well after all the tears and one pee-pee on the floor and the trip and fall of two skined knees and a possible sprained ankle from walking the dog in the dark and tripping over little sister who would not get out of the way, I think I am finally off to bed...morning comes way to early at my house...

No comments:

Post a Comment