Tuesday, May 08, 2007

She moves in mysterious ways

She moves in mysterious ways. God that is:
So I am "stuck" waiting for this other "better" job final job interview to take place. It will be my third interview and they keep putting me off. The job is pretty good, same pay as I left my last job, much better benefits! and bonuses. The job is in the opposite driving direction as this one. Right now, I am about 45 minute commute NE of my home (I bring this up because I had been commuting 8 minutes to work at my previous job). This other job I am considering is South of my home about - actually I am not sure how many miles but I drove down there last week to see how long it would take it is in Wilsonville. It's not so much the time that will bother me but the price of gas - I am not alone there. And my car has been threatening to overheat and if the car dies I am screwed because it will not get fixed, it will just sit until the tags expire and get towed away like my last one...
God moves in mysterious ways: at my last job, the only way to increase my income was to go back to college - and I was all set to do just that. Then they laid me off. (with many many others). So now I have an opportunity to learn a lot about the marble business and become an estimator/project manager/office manager, etc. My income will increase just by on the job training and commissions. That is pretty cool. Same with the job in Wilsonville, although it is at a bank. On the job training, they send you to "banking school" and your income increases. It's like God knew that even though I loved loved loved my last job, that because I was totally committed to staying with that company-that He would have to take that job away from me to get me in a better place financially. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment