Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Get your own! They're free!!

Nothing gets me excited more (okay, maybe one thing) than having fun for free! Especially if it's something I can take my kids to. My right rear tire that has been leaking air slowly. It is now going flat every 24 hrs so I decide I better take the kids with me after I pick them up from school, to Les Schwab and get it checked. I do not normally take my kids ANYWHERE. It's just too much work. But this tire is getting worse and I am tired of digging for quarters to put in the air machines. So even though I thought it was going to be a real drag to take them I knew I had to get this tire fixed. Well, I had forgotten that they have free popcorn!! The have added free hot chocolate!! And when the little beggars tried to buffalo me into giving them change for the pop and candy machines, I reminded them that Les Schwabb always has a free waterfountain!! And my six year old son, who has more energy than the rest of us put together, is so happy and totally goes crazy looking at all the tires and wheels! I even got watch most of Oprah! The tire had a nail in it and they fixed it from the inside, "Guaranteed to last, and on us!" FREE!!! When I went to get in my car there was even a copy of the daily newspaper on the seat. FREE!!!
It was a really great day. Oh wait, except for the part when I ran out of gas leaving to go pick up the kids from school. Lyukcily I was in my driveway so I grabbed my gas can and asked the landlord to take me to the gas station, but instead they filled the gas can with some gas they keep in the shop for the mower. FREE!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am such a sucker for free things...especially food.

    ReplyDelete