Thursday, March 22, 2007

my new best friend!


My dear sweet little old neighbors gave me this bbq this weekend! They bought themselves a new one for their 47th wedding anniversary. John and Barbara are the nicest people you would ever want to meet. They are always outside working on their flowers and when I pull in we always visit. They are from England so they have these really sweet accents. I can never quite tell if John is saying, "Hello, Dear" or "Hello there." He helps me work on my car and although he is very slow due to age, and he dosn't really help much, he is so kind to try to help. They call cars carriages. "How is your carriage, Dear?" He will ask me and I assure him it is running fine, although it is usually not!! lol.
You can see in the bottom right corner of this picture the old bbq - it is that rusty little broken box...The old one used briquettes but this new one is gas. There is no gas tank with it but I think I can buy a little green one for not very much money.
We can't wait to use the new one!! I am so excited!
I also have all my pretty little lights up out on the patio and some candles out there.
You can also see the bikes, now that the sun is out the children have been riding. They are going to grandma's next for spring break (yeah I can't wait!!!!) and now I just need to figure out how to strap their bikes to my car...I did just buy some bunji cords at the dollar tree recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment