Thursday, January 18, 2007

I am so happy!

I went to the doctor!! I haven't been in a looong time! It felt so good to take care of myself but I gotta tell you, somethings have really changed...
I got an EKG and they are so polite and politically correct now that: 1. they asked please would I lift my own breast up so they could attach the electric things. They used to just sort of shove and push and it was really dehumanizing. (sp?)
(I got an EKG because my heart was hurting and since I have had heart medications, conditions/sugery in the past it kind of makes me nervous)
2. They were very polite to me and said I was very nice and that I did a good job! (where's my gold star sticker?) They were impressed that I had all my childrens ss#'s and knew my ex husbands home address. 3. I did not have to make a copay at the time of service, they will bill me!! I loved this part because I have no money. I used to feel like such low life scum to need to go to the doctor but not have the copay-they kind of make you feel like a loser and then attach an extra charge for "late fee" if they have to bill you. What's the point of going in an attempt to take care of yourself if all you feel is BAD? 4. I have a follow up appointment for a PAP and mamogram. I am actually looking forward to this! It is just so empowering to feel like I am doing the right thing FOR ME. woah. I only do the "right things" for my children, my mom, my brother, the teachers, my employer, my co-workers, NEVER ME. this is so cool. 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment